Friday, November 15, 2013

clickbait experiment

I have a confession to make. I did a little experiment with clickbait on my last post. I had a pretty catchy idea. The post didn't quite fulfill my vision of it, and to be honest I basically gave up on it rather than finishing it, but I went ahead and put up a catchy tweet and got more pageviews than I've ever gotten on this blog--which still isn't any staggeringly high number, but it sure was interesting. I'm sorry if the post itself disappointed. I started this blog as an experiment for a frustrated writer. That was 3-1/2 years ago and I'm even more frustrated now. I'm not happy with most of what I write. I'm working on that, though. Practicing. Trying to find a writer that I swear was once in me but has been lost under a flood of single-idea emails, status updates, and tweets. I used to pride myself on careful writing, even in semi-disposable emails, but those days are gone. For now. I'm trying to rebuild them. There's a long-play experiement going on in the back end of this blog which, if you're patient enough to stick around, you'll see in May 2014. In the meantime, thanks for participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment