Tuesday, February 22, 2011

general unrest

There seems to be a lot of general unrest in the world this month--from Egypt to Wisconsin, for Pete's sake. OK, file this blog post under d for duh, eh?

The thing that's strange to me is how that general unrest is manifesting in my own life. From unexplained (and seemingly unexplainable) sleepless nights to computers acting wonky, it all seems to be hitting the fan right now. I even ran out of gas the other day for the first time in about 10 years, then locked my keys in the car two days later. I know what my scientist dad would say about our inane need to assign order to chaos--to see patterns in random occurrences--and that's probably all there is to the computers, the cars, and other little things I'm noticing. The strange sense of unrest in my soul, though, that's the one that worries me. Like there are big things happening in the world, and I'm missing it.

In the meantime, I'm loosing focus on the world around me. I'm so worried about missing out on some big picture event that I'm not paying enough attention to the world around me... my son, my wife, people I work with and meet every day, my friends online, my parents on the phone, etc.

And, you know what? This computer is driving me nuts. I don't care what my dad says.

No comments:

Post a Comment